The Zachary Community School System encourages parents to become involved and engaged in their child’s education.
This webpage will provide you with resources to assist you.
About our District
Parents Crisis Plan
District Student Handbook
Pupil Progression Plan
Pay into my child’s
Apply for Free &
Ideas for Parents
Parent Communication Center
My Child’s Progress
Volunteer at my child’s
Common Core Resources
- Parents Guide to Common Core Standards (education.com)
- Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards – Mathematics (Council of the Great City Schools)
- Parent Guide to Student Success by Grade and Subject (national PTA)
- Parent Backpack Guide from EngageNY what to look for, how to help
- Three-Minute Video Explaining the Common Core State Standards from CGCS Video Maker on Vimeo.
Parents Right To Know
As a parent of a student at Zachary Community Schools you have the right to request information about your child’s teacher, including licensure and certification, college major, and degree(s). You can also request qualification information on any paraprofessional assisting your child. This information is available at http://www.teachlouisiana.net or by contacting the School Board’s Personnel Department at 225-658-4969.