A. Human Resources
The Human Resources Department is committed to operating in a manner that provides for supportive, effective, and caring relationships with employees, students, and the community. The Department maintains the highest ethical standards in providing a system that ensures equal opportunities for employment and excellence in staff recruitment, hiring, retention, and recognition.
The Zachary Community School District's Human Resources Department, shall be recognized as a preferred employer and provider of quality services to all stakeholders while providing a culture where all employees thrive and excel in the learning environment.
The mission of Zachary Community School District's Department of Human Resources is to provide an environment that supports and develops all district staff through:
- leadership, direction and planning for organizational development, certification, recruitment, screening, attracting and retaining a well-qualified staff;
- fostering an environment of diversity;
- effective orientation, guidance, training, and professional growth opportunities that promote individual success and overall value to Zachary schools;
- a safe and orderly working environment;
- inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee moral through recognition, effective communication and constant feedback;
- salary and benefits administration; and
- policies and procedures that ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
The human resources department provides the “person power” for the system to function. This office initiates the selection process to hire the best-qualified personnel to match job requirements. This department assists employees in matters related to leaves, retirements, certification, transfers and associate paperwork. Official personnel records are developed and maintained by this department. Problems encountered by employees relative to personnel matters are resolved through the efforts of the person in this department
All Location Evaluation Documents can be found on TalentED
Teacher Bill of Rights